Form 138 in the Philippines – Meaning and Uses

Form 138 in the Philippines – Meaning and Uses

What is form 138?

Form 138 (Report Card) is a document that shows the academic performance of the student in a given school year. It’s a report that details the level or percent performance of the student in each subject.

Why do you need Form 138?

A student needs the form 138 for reasons such as transferring schools and scholarship applications etc… It is a necessity for schools and admissions office to get a handle of your academic performance. At the end of the school year, Form 138 is a required document for a learner enrolling to the next grade level as it also indicates the learner’s promotional status… In the absence of definitive protocols, the process of requesting and releasing of official school records of learners varies per school.

How does one get access to Form 138?

This form has to be acquired from the office the school and then one must request for the class advisor or principal/headmaster of the school to fill up the paper. If your child is going to transfer schools, apply for scholarships or if you just want to see their academic performance throughout the years; it is best to have soft copies of each form 138 per year level.

What is the difference between Form 138 and Form 137?

Form 138 (Report card) is what we give to the parents and the students to reflect their performance on the said grading period and grade level. Whereas Form 137 is the Permanent Record form which is only tangible by the school enrolled and/or the school the student will be transferring to.

Who fills up the form?

The form is filled up by the advisor in the class, corresponding subject teachers and the principal. Once these are done and signed, the form is now ready for sending of applications etc… from Year 1-10 the form will be accessible annually, but for year 11 and 12 it will be accessible after every term. It should be the schools duty to release these forms to the students periodically, as it is vital to monitoring the students performance throughout. If your school does not provide these on a regular basis you must ask the principal or headmaster to do so.

Students should always be aware of their grades and their performance and how it’s written down in the admission forms etc… as most schools base admission on academic performance via the ability to “grow academically”, extra curricular activities and permanent records. If your child is in the graduating years of 11 and 12, having access to these documents every term is a good thing, as it can determine which subjects need improvement and which need maintaining.

February 7, 2021 / by / in , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *